At The Sutton Place Hotels, we stress the importance of privacy and are committed to earning the trust of our guests by adopting high standards for the protection of personal information. Our policy outlines the type of personal information we collect and receive, the circumstances in which we collect or receive personal information, the policies and procedures we have established outlining its use and storage, and for sharing certain types of personal information in certain limited circumstances, the procedures you should follow if you have any questions or requests in respect of your personal information or our policies and procedures and the person to whom such questions or requests should be directed, and the means by which to communicate with that person.
In this policy, personal information means information about you that is personally identifiable like your name, address, e-mail address or phone number, and that is not otherwise publicly available and is not part of your work identification.
It also includes information on guest preferences and usage, when such information is supplied to or recorded by The Sutton Place Hotel Company in the course of transacting business with an individual.
The Privacy Protection Policy does not apply to information regarding The Sutton Place Hotel Company corporate customers. However, such information is protected by other The Sutton Place Hotel Company policies and practices and through contractual arrangements.
How we receive your personal information:
1. By making a reservation or by using The Sutton Place Hotels services.
2. By registering with The Sutton Place Hotels’ Sutton Prestige Program.
3. By providing it to us in communications regarding service delivery such as comment cards.
4. By providing the information to us by participating in a marketing initiative.
5. By visiting our website – joining our “Email Club” or spending time on our site.
Below we will outline the type of information normally collected in each of these circumstances, the reasons for doing so, and how we will use and store it.
When you make a reservation: When making a reservation or using The Sutton Place Hotels services it is necessary to have information in order to identify you, contact you, and to process your purchase and requests. This information usually includes your name, address, phone number, e-mail address, credit card number, and expiration date. It may also include, if you wish, your preferences such as type of room, type of bed, smoking/non-smoking, and etc. We also offer special discounts from time to time that may have qualifying criteria.
From time to time, we offer packages or other services that involve third parties. If you are partaking of such a package or service, your personal information will be shared with that third party to the extent necessary to provide that service and process the purchase or request.
The Sutton Place Hotels may use the information you provide to send you offers and information about The Sutton Place Hotel Company services and those of select third parties. Your information will not be given to these third parties but rather the offer of the third party will be provided to The Sutton Place Hotels which will manage the distribution. If you do not wish to receive such offers and information you may “unsubscribe”.
Registering with The Sutton Place Hotels’ Sutton Prestige Program: As a guest of The Sutton Place Hotel Company, you have the opportunity to belong to The Sutton Place Hotel’s preferred guest program, Sutton Prestige. Because the program is designed to deliver a higher degree of personalized service, additional personal information will be required. Membership is voluntary. By choosing to join, you have consented to the supply of and use of the personal information.
Registering with The Sutton Place Hotels’ “Booking Rewards Program”: As a guest of The Sutton Place Hotels, you have the opportunity to earn fabulous rewards for your company. This rewards program is designed for individuals who book rooms for groups or arrange for reservations on behalf of their companies. Because the program is designed to deliver a higher degree of personalization of service, additional personal information will be required. Membership is voluntary. By choosing to join, you have consented to the supply of and use of the personal information.
Information provided to us by guest comment cards: Guest comment card information will be used solely for the purpose of recording your comments, communicating with you in respect to them, reviewing them with the subject hotel and hotel personnel, for the purposes of recognizing employees for excellence of service delivery, and for developing improvements in service delivery.
The Sutton Place Hotels Special Offers/Promotions/Events you receive via email (e-broadcast): To sign up for this service, we require you to provide us with your e-mail address, first name, last name, and residence address. You may unsubscribe at any time using the link provided on every e-mail broadcast and you will no longer receive e-mail offers and promotions for the specified subscription or website, as the case may be. You may at any time in the future opt-in to receive e-mail offers.
From our Websites – joining our Email Club: If you become our Email Club member, you will be asked to provide your first name, last name and e-mail address. You will then be asked to select the property(s) and type of promotions you wish to receive. Signing up for our mailing list enables you to receive coupons, promotions and updates from The Sutton Place Hotel Company via e-mail only.
From our Website – spending time on our site: We use tools called Display Advertising and Remarketing on our website. Display Advertising helps us gather data about our readers and where they are spending time on the web. Remarketing is used by Google and third-party vendors to show ads across the Internet based on Display advertising. You may unsubscribe at any time: Ads Preferences Manager.
When do we disclose personal information:
1. We may disclose a guest’s personal information to a person who, in the reasonable judgment of The Sutton Place Hotels, is seeking the information as an agent of the guest – for example, a travel agent who is booking a reservation on behalf of the guest.
2. Personal information will be shared with The Sutton Place Hotels for which your reservation has been made so that they may provide the services you have reserved.
3. Personal information may be shared with other Sutton Place Hotels so that they may better provide services to you in the event you wish to travel to that Sutton Place Hotel in the future.
4. Personal information will be shared with a third party involved in supplying the guest with the services they have purchased to the extent necessary to effect the supply and the processing of the transaction.
5. Personal information may be shared with a third party retained by The Sutton Place Hotels to perform functions on its behalf such as reservations handling, data processing or storage, guest surveys or research.
6. Personal information may be shared with an agent retained by The Sutton Place Hotels to evaluate a customer’s credit worthiness or in order to collect a customer’s account.
7. Personal information may be shared with a public authority or an agent of public authority if in the reasonable judgment of The Sutton Place Hotels it appears that there is an imminent danger to life or property which could be avoided or minimized by disclosure of the information, or which disclosure is compelled by legal authority.
Any such disclosure of a guest’s personal information by The Sutton Place Hotels to a third party will be made only on a confidential basis conditioned upon the information being used only for the purpose for which it has been disclosed.
1. The Sutton Place Hotels will not collect, use or disclose your personal information for any other purpose than those identified above, except with your consent.
2. The Sutton Place Hotels will protect your personal information
with appropriate security safeguards.
3. The Sutton Place Hotels will take appropriate steps to protect
the confidentiality of your personal information when dealing with third parties.
4. The Sutton Place Hotels will strive to keep your personal information as accurate and up to date as is necessary for the purposes identified above.
5. The Sutton Place Hotels will honour your request to access your personal information in as timely fashion as is reasonably possible.
You are always free to refuse to provide personal information to us.
You may also withdraw your consent with respect to the use of your personal information for marketing purposes at any time, subject to legal or contractual restrictions and reasonable notice, by e-mailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org, using ‘Unsubscribe’ as the subject line, and providing us sufficient personal identifiers so we can act effectively on your request.
However, in either case, this may limit our ability to serve you. If you have questions or concerns about our privacy practices or wish to make a request in respect of your personal information please contact our Privacy Officer at email@example.com.
Links: For your convenience and enjoyment, our websites may contain links to other web sites. The Sutton Place Hotels do not evaluate and is not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of such web sites. We would urge you to review the privacy policies on each link to ensure that you are comfortable with their privacy policies and practices.